August isen’t even over yet and I already have my favorite lined up! – It’s actually been a long time coming… I have been a fan of Bare Escentuals stuff for like ever so it’s about time I posted something on them! My GO TO , all the time, every time mascara for my clients is Buxom water proof. The brush is awesome, the mascara stays on, it makes your lashes long and un-clumpy! Can’t say enough good things. My other absolute go-to product is their buxom plumping gloss. ” Dolly” has been my girl since I turned 21 and would obsessively make sure I had it in my purse when I went out on the town. It looks good in the day, in the night for any and every event. Its a natural color but adds just enough pigment so it looks good in photos. It plumps your lips but doesn’t make them feel like they are burning off like most pout plumpers! I found this lil mini collection of naturals and brighs at Sephora and I was SO excited!!
I am loving posting more of our associate stylist’s work! Melissa and Christina are such an important part of the team and they do an awesome job. I am so lucky to have them, as are our brides. Here are some stunning photos of our Philly Hair & Makeup Co bride Samantha! Lovely photos by Diamond Street who we will be working with a few more times this year! : )
Stila’s waterproof eyeliner pen is my life. — I have ALWAYS been a pencil eyeliner girl, always. I have tried in the past liquid eyeliners, a ton of them but I never liked the look of it and it always was too hard to use for me. Lately I have been craving a cat eye so I was asking my sister what she used and she suggested this product. It is a miracle. Easy for me to use, easy for me to do on my brides and just an all around great product. Draws a perfect line, stays on all day and is the right thickness/wetness. Can’t say enough good things. I bought mine at Sephora. Try it out and let me know what you think!
Megan was such a sweet and outgoing bride. She had her own vision of being a garden fairy-esque look and wedding and she nailed it. We did a loose low side bun and topped it off with an awesome real flower crown. On her eyes we did a gold smokey and a burnt red lip color.
*** BG PRODUCTIONS photography ***
Here is an unbelievably beautiful Philly Hair & Makeup Co. bride Ally. Her gorgeous hair was done by Christina and her flawless makeup was done by Melissa. These two artists are near and dear to my heart, they have been a huge part of the company for the past year. They are always on time, professional and do flawless work. Thanks Melissa & Christina for outdoing yourself on this wedding.
This is the review Ally gave Melissa and Christina “Melissa and Christina from Philly Hair & Makeup are amazingly crafted at what they do. They did hair & makeup for myself, my mom, aunt, and 4 bridesmaids for my wedding and everyone looked naturally stunning all day and night. All of my girls and family members raved about the services…one of my bridesmaids even tried to hired them for her wedding but they were already booked:(
Melissa (makeup) and Christina (hair) were also so warm and fun throughout the morning/day getting ready. It really felt like two extra girlfriends in the room helping us all get ready for a night out. They both listened and executed exactly what each bridesmaid/mom asked for, and really made the effort to capture the mood and style of each girl.
Philly Hair & Makeup is extremely reasonably priced and worth every penny. Ashley, the owner, is very organized and set up everything perfectly. I really can’t say enough about Melissa and Christina and would recommend them to anyone without hesitation. ”
*** photos by Love Me Do ***
I’ve been trying out a lot of new products this month and my definite favorite of the moment is MAC’s Soft & Gentle. It is a highlighter that I use above my cheekbones and on my eyes. It is literally, soft & gentle… its not too glittery or doesn’t make you look extra shiny. Its the perfect highlight for summer to give you glowy skin. Sweep it on top of your blush, or in the corner of your eye and under the brow, try it out and let me know what you think.
Shannon was the lovliest bride. We got ready at her parents home and they made us feel so comfortable. I set her hair in a curling iron set while I did her makeup. We went for drama on the eyes with darker smokey shadows and big lashes. She did a hot pink. We did a big volume soft updo with lots of loose curls in the back. She looked fabulous and the photos came out amazing thanks to www.matthewdouglas.net !!!
ps: this is a prime example of why everyone says you need to put on more makeup for the pictures. In person her lip was bright hot pink and the eyes were even more dramatic but on film it doesn’t necessarily always read the same!
Kimberly’s wedding was just amazing! She nailed her 1920′s vintage theme to a T. Every last detail was perfect. We did her hair in a chic vintage glam up do and did heavy cat eyeliner and clean perfect skin. She added a feather clip to her hair to match her invitations and décor and topped it off with a birdcage veil. I sometimes post my brides on my instagram @PhillyHair and Kimberly has by far been my most popular, everyone loved her hairstyle!
Absolutely love these photos of our bride! This is the 2nd time Jeff has photographed our work and it is always amazing! Go check him out www.jeffwojtaszekphoto.com !!
YAY spring is officially here! So happy to get outside in the warmer weather and not worry about bundling up, I thought the day would never come. Here is a list of my must haves for Spring of 2014. I have been using these products for the past month or so and I am in love : )
1. Sigma Brushes: in my previous posts I mentioned I loved ECO tools, but if you are willing to spend a little more money these professional brushes are a must have! They are soft and accurate. I have the essential kit and precision eye kit as well as the beldning kit and I love every single brush. www.sigmabeauty.com
2. Urban Decay Ink For Eyes: I’ve been liking a eyeline pen lately instead of a pencil which is what I normally use. This one is great and waterproof and easy to apply. www.urbandecay.com
3. Million Dollar Tan: Can’t say enough how much I love this product! The color is the perfect bronze it lasts for about 5 days. It goes on clear so you don’t stain your hands which is my favorite part. The color shows in about 6 hours. TAKE YOUR TIME… if you don’t rush you wont get weird spots or lines. If you are in a hurry this is not the product for you. You need a solid 5-10 minutes to apply it and someone to help you do your back, definitely worth it though! www.milliondollartan.com
4. Hot Tools Glitter Curling Iron: I am a fan of their prodcuts in general but when I saw this sparkly handle I just had to have it. Makes doing your and others hair so much fun! I got the 1in and its on sale at Ulta for $40! www.hottools.com
5. Relucir: I recently got a goodie bag shipment from Relucir to try their products out and they are graet! I love the face wash and moisturizer and the hair products are great too! http://www.relucir.com
What are your spring must haves???